Sunday, October 17, 2010

Show and Tell Week: Trifle Bowl with Removeable Base

The first item I'm featuring in my Show and Tell Week for entertaining and serving pieces is a something I've been using a lot lately: my Trifle Bowl(Be sure to join in by sharing a photo of your favorite entertaining piece on Facebook! See bottom of post for details.)


Even though I knew I could get one cheaper at TJMaxx or Marshal's, I splurged on this Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl last year at a friend's party.  It has a removable base, which was so worth the splurge because it takes less space to store the trifle dish since the base fits inside and you don't need as much room in the fridge to keep desserts cool before serving.  Plus, I've used the bowl without the base plenty of times.  It's super versatile!


On Friday, I made this yogurt, granola, and peach breakfast trifle to take to work as part of my donut day.  I got the idea from this month's issue of Martha Stewart Living.  It was super simple, as I just layered vanilla yogurt, granola from the cereal section, and two fresh peaches on top.  I was shocked at what a big hit this was!  Almost all of it was gone by the end of the day.


Last Christmas, the trifle dish made a quick and easy Christmas centerpiece.  I just put some extra clementines and cranberries I had laying around in it.  I think it added a really nice freshness to the room and was surprisingly elegant for something thrown together.


This trifle dish travels really well, too.  It's more stable sitting on the floor board of your car without the base.  Here's a picture of a yummy pineapple cheesecake trifle before I drove it to my mother-in-law's house.


Stay tuned for more of my favorite entertaining and serving pieces all week!

Don't forget to join in the fun on the Belly Feathers Facebook page by sharing a photo of your favorite entertaining or serving piece and a few lines about why you love it by Friday.  On Saturday, I'll draw the name of someone who shares a photo to win a special surprise.  Submit as many photos as you want for extra chances to win!

Show and Tell Week Details:
Sunday (10/17/2010) - Friday (10 /22/2010 midnight Central Time)
Share a picture and a few lines about your entertaining piece at facebook.com/BellyFeathers
If you don't use Facebook, email your photo and lines to Betsy@BellyFeathers.com



No comments:

Post a Comment


All contents Creative Commons licensed. Betsy Pruitt of Belly Feathers.

Please give credit to Betsy Pruitt of Belly Feathers and provide a link back to the page containing the content when you use ideas, text, and photos from this site. Thanks!

Full Disclosure: If you see a link to Amazon on this blog, it is probably a link through their affiliate program, meaning I would receive a teeny tiny commission on any sales from that link. Please know I only write about items that I think would interest my readers and never for commission on these items.