Monday, March 26, 2012

Easy Kite Brownies on a Stick

It doesn't get any easier than these super cute Kite Brownies on a Stick for spring...especially since Little Debbie does most the work! These would be absolutely perfect for a school kite day!

Kite Brownies on a Stick

Taking a cue from my friend Melissa at Buckets of Grace, who made some adorable skewered Little Debbie hearts for Valentine's Day, I was instantly inspired when I saw these Little Debbie Kite Brownies at my grocery store.

Kite Brownies for School Kite Day

To make this display, I used:
  • Little Debbie Kite Brownies
  • A jar filled with glass beads
  • Bamboo skewers (long and medium lengths)
  • Long lengths of organza ribbon
  • Short strips of a accent ribbon (mine were satin and grosgrain)
I recommend storing the skewers horizontally on a tray and waiting to assemble vertically right before your event. The brownies are soft, and I did have one of the brownies fall off its stick.  However, it held tight for about a hour before that happened. I'm sure your brownies will be snatched up before that happens.

Little Debbie Kite Brownies on a Stick

If you make some Kite Brownies on a Stick, I'd love to see a photo!  Leave a comment on post on my Facebook wall.



No comments:

Post a Comment


All contents Creative Commons licensed. Betsy Pruitt of Belly Feathers.

Please give credit to Betsy Pruitt of Belly Feathers and provide a link back to the page containing the content when you use ideas, text, and photos from this site. Thanks!

Full Disclosure: If you see a link to Amazon on this blog, it is probably a link through their affiliate program, meaning I would receive a teeny tiny commission on any sales from that link. Please know I only write about items that I think would interest my readers and never for commission on these items.